(If you are new here: I started this new series last month after seeing Sally's post on instagram where she shared her special moments from the month gone by. Taking it one step ahead I put together the same on the blog with little notes for each picture (Read: My month in pictures : May 2015) and I am back now with my June Diary).
Row 1: left to right
- Sara learnt to understand and appreciate Ramadan.
- We discussed ten ways to raise future world class travellers and how to celebrate culture and countries through cuisines.
- We met Ishita and the Z sisters in our Kids in the Kitchen series.
- At the Young Chef Club we visited China and tried our hand at making spring rolls and dumplings.
- In other news, it is really hot here and we have been living on frozen fruit yoghurt.
- My princess obsessed chefling enjoyed a morning with the princes and princesses at the Disney on Ice show.
- She had to obviously dress up as one too.
- She has been wanting to start a lemonade stand (Told you it has been HOT!)
- Her Aunty Karen got her these push pop kits and we finally tried our hand at it.
- I came across this adorable palette to measure spaghetti serving sizes and had to bring it home.
- Eating fruits in a cone is what we like to do in summers.
- Icecream in cones too. So we set up an icecream bar.
- Sara had a princess playdate for her friends and made cupcakes for her friends.
- Summers mean visiting friends and family and she has been painting canvasses to gift them.
- Coming back to the princess party, we made some tiara, glass slipper and castle pizzas too.
- Summer vacations also mean decluttering and donating.
- We have been reading this really witty, whimsical and artistic book called You are what you eat.
- Also reading this one and deciding which person would you choose to look like.
- We have been reading about dimsums, lucky oranges and oolong tea too.
- The husband and I are on a mission. Knocking off dish by dish.
- Summers also mean quick and light meals. We have been eating Jool Oliver's crunchy fish with greens.
- Jamie Oliver's quick chicken kebabs with a mint and yoghurt dip.
- A couscous fish stew with a generous squeeze of lemon
- Chicken Ciabattas for I was too lazy to cook
- Egg and harissa painted aubergine pita wraps with a beetroot and carrot salad
Want to see more of June? Let's say hi to each other on instagram.
Images: If you like any of the pictures on the blog and would like to use those please write to me. I put in hours of work behind each post and would love to share it with you but it would hurt me if use those without my permission.Just ask!